Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Whole 30

I recently began the Whole 30 program.  It is a 30 day program that is meant to reset your body.  The gist is that for 30 days you follow this eating plan:


For protein you can eat meat- real, unprocessed meat.  Then you can load up around your meat veggies galore!  You can have some fruit here and there (but should really focus on veggies), good oils, coconuts & olives, and nuts and seeds.  No grains, no dairy, no added sugar.  There are specific guidelines within each allowed food group, like cutting out peanut and peanut butter and no butter or corn.  There are also specific serving guidelines, so please check out the website I posted below if you're interested before starting this.

It's surprisingly easy, when you plan ahead, to eat on this program and great how quickly the food fills you up.  I'm hoping that through it I will gain more energy, help with my depression and PCOS, lose some weight, and reset my diet habits.

I do not necessarily plan on continuing with this exact diet after the 30 days are over, but I will slowly re-introduce certain things back into my diet and see how I feel before adding more.  I might find things this way that were making me sick and I didn't even know it.

I chose now because I so desperately do not want to feel the way I feel anymore and I also want to avoid getting even more unhealthy in the upcoming Holiday months.  The 30 days will lapse over Thanksgiving, but there are more than enough Thanksgiving foods that are adaptable for this diet and I will do just fine.  I'm even looking for an alternative "Pumpkin Pie" recipe with no grain, sugar, or dairy.  So if anyone has any ideas, that would be awesome!

If anyone is interested, here is the link:

http://whole9life.com/2012/08/the-whole30-program/

Anyway, gotta go!  Thank you to everyone who reads and lends their support.  It means a lot to me!



2 comments:

  1. Just eat pumpkin with a little coconut oil mixed in and some stevia or another healthy sweetener.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not allowed to have any kind of sweetener, except a little fruit juice or something. I'm thinking a crust make from some kind of nut meal... I don't know, I'm researching it. :-)

      Delete