Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Day #24: 7 Full days left!

Alright, 7 days remaining in my first round of the Whole 30 Challenge.  I'm going to keep going after the 30 days are over and not have my first "cheat" until  my birthday weekend in a couple weeks, although at this point I don't feel like I need it. 

As of yesterday I hit my first goal: the loss of 10 pounds!  In 23 days!  I was so excited!  And then this morning my husband hugged me and said he could feel me getting smaller.  Yay! The totally awesome part of this is I AM NOT STARVING MYSELF IN THE SLIGHTEST!  In fact, I'm eating a lot of food.  I'm just eating certain foods in certain combinations, that's it.  I'm not gorging on ridiculous amounts of protein.  I do not count calories.  I do not count carbs.  I do not weigh my food before I eat it.  It's awesome for a person like me who can't stand keeping track of everything I eat.

I've been walking more due to the Eat Well Live Well challenge my work is doing, but I haven't been really working out.  I would like to add actual workouts to my routine, especially strength training, and see what kind of results I get. 

This has opened my eyes even wider to the fact that the food/drink we put into our bodies really does have an effect on who we are.  We can be happy, healthy, energetic people if we fuel our bodies properly.  Or we can be depressed, sluggish people if we don't.  You can make a big difference in your life today.  And the only thing you need to do is change what you are putting into your stomach. 

As good as I feel, I don't believe my relationship with food has had the paradigm shift I need for long-term success, which is why I'm not giving up on this yet.  I ordered the book, It Starts With Food, which should be here today, to give me more insight and tips to make this a lasting change in my life.  I want to be able to occasionally have something unhealthy and not have it derail me completely.  I want to be able to make eating this way a habit, a part of who I am, not just something I'm doing right now.  I could see myself doing this for the rest of my life.  It's sustainable, it's logical.  And I feel so good.

Again (I know I always do this) but I invite anybody to check it out and please join me!  It may sound difficult, but it's really not.  And when you feel the difference in your life you will know what I'm talking about and be as desperate as I am to share it with other people.  And don't worry about the added expense, because there really is none.  Instead of buying all that bread and sugar and dairy products, you're buying fruits and vegetables and meats.  It really does wash, I promise (trust me, I hate spending tons of money at the grocery store). 

P.S.  I've also lost 4.5" from around my waist in 24 days.  Seriously... check it out.  

http://whole9life.com/2011/06/whole-30-v4/


1 comment:

  1. Also, if you decide to do this, please don't "wait until Monday". Start today! You may not have everything in your fridge or cupboards that you need right now, but there's always something you can do. So start right now! Hide the crap in your cupboards (or throw it away if you're that kind of person) and grab some veggies and eggs for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete