It feels like longer than a week ago that I started this blog. I feel like I've covered a lot of ground over the last week, mentally at least, and I hope to keep making progress like that. I'm realizing now that a lot of my previous failures actually set me up for success. I really paid attention this week to how I was feeling when I noticed I was resisting and tried to figure out why. Once I figured out why, it made it so much easier to push past it and overcome my fear, embarrassment, laziness, whatever it was.
So after a good run (my stamina is already improved a little) and Turbo Sculpt this morning, I feel sweaty, happy, and proud of what I've accomplished. To that end, my week one weigh in:
I feel pretty good about those numbers. 3 lbs down and an inch around my chest and waist gone, 1/2 an inch around my hips gone. My muscles are starting to feel different. My legs especially feel firmer, my stomach is a little flatter, my posture is improving. I know if I continue like this, mixing up my workouts, trying new things, pushing myself a little harder every week, that those numbers will continue to drop, my energy and self-esteem will continue to rise, and I'll not only feel better about myself, but I'll be better for my husband and children. Carving out this "me time" is hard, but I'm trying to overcome the guilt by realizing the benefits it will bring.
So, on to week 2 and all the realizations, overcome obstacles, and self-improvement it will bring!
"There
is no happiness except in the realization that we have
accomplished something."
-Henry Ford
-Henry Ford
what was the final straw, what was it that made you finally say "thats it! Ive had it! Im going to fix this if it kills me! Im always curious about peoples initial motivation, because Im always trying to find mine.
ReplyDeleteActually, I've had so many over the last 2 years that I'm not exactly sure what it was this time. But I was reading through a Fitness magazine and saw one of their "I did it!" stories and the woman was my age, had 2 kids, worked, started off larger than me and managed to lose the weight on her own. I got a sudden surge of motivation and decided if I was going to do it this time I had to make sure that I couldn't cop out and give up. I had to make myself accountable for when my surge of motivation wore out. I had always kept a journal before, but when I felt like giving up I had no one to answer to but myself, and obviously that wasn't enough or I would have done it already. So I started this. And honestly, not only telling lots of people my specific goals, but putting it in writing has been what's pushed me this week. I feel like I can't just give up because there are people watching me and I've very clearly told them what I want. It's the same thing that pushes me better doing Pilates in a class than in my living room. I know I'm better than the weakness I've allowed myself to portray for so long, and I'm tired of allowing myself to be less than I am. So, long story short, I took one of my many surges of motivation that I get and then lose on a regular basis and did something before with it before I could lose it again. I've already worked harder this week than I have in a long time, so it must be working. :-)
ReplyDelete