Friday, July 20, 2012

Week 2 Weigh In!

This week was a little bit of a challenge.  I was incredibly tired, did my workouts but not much more than that.  My diet was good and healthy, which helped.  But this morning I felt like I really need to step up my game with my activity level this week.

This morning I was running and I felt a little tightness in the outside of my ankle down to the outside of my heel.  I figured it was just because it was morning, I stretched it out for a minute and then continued.  However, the tightness turned into a stabbing pain and I eventually gave up running and walked the rest of the way.  When I got home I looked it up just to see if it was a common thing or what.  I'm not self-diagnosing and if it doesn't go away I WILL see a doctor.  But it sounds to me, based on location and symptoms, that it might possibly be Peroneal Tendonitis.  This worries me because I just started and was just beginning to make progress and now I'm having pain already.  I'll see what happens to it today and see a doctor if it doesn't get better.

So this week if I'm having heel pain still, I think instead of running I will do the stationary bike.  That way I can at least still get some cardio in and that motion doesn't seem to bother my heel.  Meanwhile, today, I think it's going to be ice and ibuprofin. 

Anyway, my weigh-in results from this morning:
 I think I'm alright with these, although I think they could have been better.  But progress is progress!  I'm moving forward, that is all that matters.  I'm overcoming obstacles and learning that I can do better than I was doing. 

Now to deal with this heel/ankle pain.  If anyone out there has experienced this before, please let me know.  I really truly hope it's nothing that a little ice and maybe some insoles for my shoes can't fix.  But we'll see.

“Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.”

 Mark Victor Hansen

2 comments:

  1. I hurt my Achilles tendon the last time I attempted an exercise routine and it waylaid me for over a year. I hope this isn't like that was.

    Take her easy and do the alternative exercises like you mentioned. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I took a rest from my workout today, wrapped it up and just went about my business with periods of rest when it started bothering me. It's really swollen right now. I'm pretty sure it's the peroneal tendon based on where the pain and swelling is. And it's only in the one ankle, so I think it's from when I rolled my ankle last week. I must have aggravated it. Anyway, I'm going to try to bike with it wrapped up and see what happens.

      Delete