Home from work. 10 hours sitting at a desk, with a 25 minute brisk walk at lunch in the million degree heat to break it up. Ugh... why does sitting for 10 hours tire me out more than a strenuous, active day? I want so badly to exercise after work but I just feel fatigued and bleh...
I was thinking at work, and I've just decided to put my thinking into action. I have a yoga ball that I recently re-inflated after the poor thing huddled folded in a dark corner of my closet somewhere for 2 years. I have been doing a couple exercises with this here and there, but one especially has yielded some positive results. So, I'm going to do some ab exercises tonight! There, I'm putting myself back on the track and I can't jump off now cause I've already told you all I'm going to do it! So there!......It was a long day today, I'm sorry.
1) Yoga Ball Tennis- it probably has a real name, but I like mine. You lie on your back, pelvis in neutral position, arms over your head, legs straight holding the yoga ball between your feet. Keeping legs and arms straight, raise arms and legs up until they meet, pass the yoga ball to your hands, than lower them (slow and controlled) back down. Barely touch the ball to the floor then do this again, passing the ball back to your feet. It may not seem hard, but try to do it 20 times.... go ahead, I'm waiting.
2) Knee lifts in Plank- again, probably has a real name. I don't care! Start in plank position making sure your butt is down, back is straight. Keeping shoulders and pelvis still, bend right knee and bring it to your chest, then straighten right leg and repeat with left. 2 reps of 10 should be a good start.
3) Criss-Cross Bicycle- (I don't care!) Lie on your back, hands behind your head, knees to your chest. Lift your head, straighten right leg to a 45 degree angle and touch right elbow to left knee. Then straighten left leg, bend right leg and touch left elbow to right knee. Slow and controlled. 2 set of 10.
4) Reverse Sit-ups- Lie on your back, lift legs straight in the air and cross your ankles, hands one the floor at your sides. Now, keep your shoulders relaxed and lift your butt off the ground. Slow and controlled! Slowly lower butt back down to the floor. 2 set of 10.
So this is my ab work tonight. I just made up how many reps I'm going to do so I may do more... I will do my absolute best not to do less!
Get up, dress up, show up!!!
:) i do thoughs too except for the first one i haven't heard of lol
ReplyDeleteThe first 2 are actually Pilates moves that I got from my teacher. He had some really good ideas of things to do at home... I'm just trying to remember them all. haha
Delete