Wednesday, July 10, 2013

4th Whole 30: Day 5

I almost did something bad today...


Erm.. I mean, I almost ate something bad today.  It's hot outside, guys!  And I've been so good over the last 4 days.  And today was a very stressful day at work!  And my head hurts and I'm in need of comfort.  And so went on the excuses my brain was desperately trying to make for me to stop and get a milkshake on my way home tonight.

But I didn't!  Oh man, I wanted to.  But I didn't.  A part of me was sad about that.  A major part of me REALLY wanted that milkshake!  Then when I came home I checked out Facebook and a friend posted a quote that realigned my will-power.

"If you will use discipline today even if it is uncomfortable, you will experience value in the future. If you do not, you will experience regret." - Rohn
Yes!  If I would have stopped and gotten that cold, delicious, mouthwatering milkshake I would have hated myself before I was even done with it!  The momentary joy is nothing compared to the regret I'd feel for eating it.  Or the feeling I would get from knowing I was able to discipline myself enough not to!  
 It's summer, guys.  Let's enjoy the fruits and veggies of the season, grill some healthy meats, and stay active! 

No comments:

Post a Comment