Friday, August 17, 2012

Week #6 Weigh-in

6 weeks in and not much has changed over the last couple weeks.  But I am not giving up!  I am going to continue to try, continue to make small changes in my life, and I will achieve my goals eventually. 

My goals for this next week are the same as the last.  I did not do as much as I'd hoped, but I will try again this week.
1) Drink at least 64 oz of  water a day.- This week I did not do very well with drinking more water.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I was dehydrated and that probably accounted for some of my headaches and fatigue.  This is definitely something I need to pay closer attention to!
2) Continue working on cutting out Diet Coke- I'm going to aim for no more than 2 servings for the entire week.- I think I only had Diet Coke twice this week, which means I did achieve this goal.  I will try to aim for less than 2 this coming week.
3) Make healthier food choices at each meal.- I did OK with this for the most part, however I made cookies for work which I may or may not have over-indulged in myself.  I think I need to revamp my weekly menu.
4) Get AT LEAST 3 solid workouts in.- Oh boy, I did not do well this week.  I did 1 workout.  ONE!  Oh well, it's over.  I'm scheduling my workouts this week and will treat them as important appointments that I cannot miss!

Anyway, here are the numbers.  Not much change, a little bit smaller but not any lighter.  I'll get there...
 
I read a lot this last week.  I think this week I need to read a little less and move a little more.  And stay away from those stinkin' cookies!!  :-)
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Proud of you, Holly. Do not worry about not seeing changes right away - it's a lifestyle change, which is not a diet, which also WORKS. The reason diets are so popular with women, is we see results right away because we're depriving ourselves to the point of starvation or under nourishment. Once you cheat or start eating that ingredient again (fat, carbs, fruit, rice, etc) your body will go right back to what it was before. Hence the post diet weight gain. As you well know, making healthy choices every day for a long period of time, eating everything in moderation will show results over time. I admire your strength and patience - you will succeed if you keep this healthy mindset. keep it up - you're doing a great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! I'm trying to keep it simple so I don't burn out. Like you said, I'm going for lifestyle change, not quick results. As a "quick-result" person, it's agonizing... but part of the lifestyle shift involves a paradigm shift, and I think I'm struggling more with the latter than the former. Thanks for the support and encouraging words!

      Delete