Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Hippy Hippy, Leggy Leggy Shake

Alright, I did my Turbo Sculpt video for the first time in a couple weeks this morning.  After my hiatus, it was difficult.  My legs were shaking, especially, doing all the lunges and squats.  But I have to say I've missed it and I feel so much better for getting up and doing it this morning.

I'm excited to be working back towards the progress I was making a couple weeks ago.  I can feel this morning what I was feeling then: the improved mental clarity and physical posture, the firmness in my muscles, the calmer internal dialogue.  I think exercise does as much, or more, for me mentally as it does physically.  Maybe part of it is pride in myself for taking positive steps towards my goal.  Whatever it is, I feel better for it.

The moral of the story, children, is don't stop.  These last couple weeks I have felt awful, both physically and mentally.  I've been tired, depressed, angsty, and disappointed in myself.  Those feelings are not worth the extra 20 minutes of laying around in bed or the couple extra chapters in my the book I'm reading.  I'm not saying that down-time is not important.  What I AM saying is that I need to find balance between my down-time and my go-go-go time.  They are both equally important to my health and should be given the time and the attention they each deserve. 

So now that I've worked out, I'm going to eat a healthy breakfast, get some chores done, and then spend some quality time with the kids. If you haven't already, take a look at your calendar this week and see if you can find a 30 minute pocket of time and fit in a workout or two.  I promise you won't regret it.
This cracks me up every time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment