I will admit my last attempt after the New Year of doing another Whole 30 was an epic fail! I wouldn't use the word fail except that's exactly what happened... I just gave up! Giving up is the only way to fail in my book. So, after the last few weeks of feeling awful physically and emotionally and living through a mental fog I decided it was time. I waited for a day when I felt a smidgen of motivation, the only ingredient I was missing for my recipe, and did my shopping. The awesome part is my wonderful husband agreed to try it with me! Awesome! It's so much easier to do it with somebody, especially since now my cupboards and refrigerator aren't filled with as many foods that I'm not eating.
Yesterday was day 1. It went pretty well. No real cravings, no real withdrawal symptoms, it wasn't too bad. The only thing I can say is that I peed.... and peed.... and peed. I was literally going to the bathroom every 30 minutes between the hours of 11am and 10pm. This morning I had lost 2 pounds in water weight in one day! Think I was retaining a little??
Our meals yesterday were:
Meal 1: Meat and Veggie Frittata and a piece of fruit
Meal 2: BIG spinach salad with fish/chicken, avocado, nuts, and mixed veggies
Meal 3: Chicken marinated in red wine vinegar and spices with steamed veggie mix
We each had some fruit for dessert and of course lots of water throughout the day. It went well, and neither of us felt deprived. I also made an awesome Whole 30 Ranch Dressing for Chris's salad which he said was awesome! (Recipe at bottom)
So people, grab that smidgen of motivation and do something with it before it slips between your fingers! Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Whole 30 Ranch Dressing
1 clove garlic, minced ~ 1/4 tsp paprika ~ 1/4 c. fresh parsley leaves, minced ~ 1 Tbsp dried chives (I used dried onion) ~ 1/2 c. Olive Oil Mayo (I'll include the recipe below, it's super easy!) ~ 1 tsp lemon juice ~ salt and pepper to taste
In a small bowl, mix the garlic, paprika, parsley, chives, and mayo with a fork. Drizzle in th lemon juice while continuing to mix, then taste and season with salt and pepper. Add water or lemon juice 1/4 tsp at a time until desired consistency is achieved. Store in air tight container in fridge.
Olive Oil Mayo
1 large egg (I used 2 egg whites because I wasn't sure about raw egg yolk) ~ 2 Tbsp lemon juice ~ 1/4 c plus 1 c light-tasting olive oil (not extra-virgin!) ~ 1/2 tsp dry mustard ~ 1/2 tsp salt
Place the egg and the lemon juice in a blender or food processor, cover, and allow to come to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Add 1/4 c. oil, mustard, and salt and blend on medium speed until the ingredients are combined. With the motor running, drizzle he remaining cup of oil in a VERY thin stream- this should take about 2-3 minutes. Store covered in fridge.
No comments:
Post a Comment